Gollum's Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gollum's Cave

Here is the new forum for our kinship. I know you all have a lot of great ideas for what to put in it, so post away!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to post a screenshot of your toon as your Avatar!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oubliette

Oubliette

How to post a screenshot of your toon as your Avatar! Empty
PostSubject: How to post a screenshot of your toon as your Avatar!   How to post a screenshot of your toon as your Avatar! EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Somebody requested Anna to post how to set screenshots as our Avatars, but I'm the first one to do it, so I'll take some initiative and make the post.

First, you want to get a good screenshot of yourself. F11 does screenshots, but you might want to turn off your UI first, which is F12. You may also want to "set up" your portrait- you can see for mine I'm wearing a nice dress and headpiece, and I went to a place that had a nice background for it. You could also set a /mood_emote (for mine, I set mischevious) and if you're patient, you might catch a really good expression, or you could even do some other kind of emote. Once you get your camera angle good and everything, you'll want to jack up your graphics to the max your comp can handle without locking up on you- you'll just be standing there, not fighting anything or running around, so it won't be too bad.

So, after you get your shot, you need to come on the forum here, and go to the "Profile" link, below the big page photo to the right. When you get there, below that link and to the right of it is the link for "Avatar." You want to choose "Upload from your Computer," and the screenshot will be found in your Lord of the Rings folder, unless you specifically saved it somewhere else. Select that, and then choose "Save" on the forum screen. It has to be a pretty close-up picture, because they're so small- I think it gives you the option to crop it, but if it doesn't, the easiest way to do it is this:

Open the image in MS Paint. Under "File," choose "Select All," which will allow you to push the image to the upper left corner, to crop it where you like. When you get that corner set, click in the white border area outside the image and then drag the little border handles (usually a small blue box) to crop the right side and bottom, then save the file, and follow the diretcions above.

That might be a littletoo verbose, sorry if so- but I know some people aren't very computer literate, so I tried to be detailed. Have fun, looking forward to seeing your creative self-portraits!
Back to top Go down

How to post a screenshot of your toon as your Avatar!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gollum's Cave :: General Info-
Jump to: