Gollum's Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gollum's Cave

Here is the new forum for our kinship. I know you all have a lot of great ideas for what to put in it, so post away!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...

Go down 
+2
Bryciel Shimmerlance
Annalethiel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Annalethiel
Admin
Annalethiel

Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...   Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:57 am

So I figured I would make a separate forum to post this stuff since my song forum is crammed with stuff. I will try to keep a running tally of all the songs we like (mine included) to come up with set lists. You can post too. Just try to add how many parts it's for.

I also wanna know what you think of my musics. I like getting feedback before I post it on thefatlute.com.

AAAAAAaaand I will also say that I am willing to take requests for songs, as long as you know it might be a bit till I get to them, and there also might be the occasion that a song really doesn't like the conversion process, but I will do my best to please.

Love,
Anna
Back to top Go down
http://gollumsbane.webmmorpg.net
Bryciel Shimmerlance

Bryciel Shimmerlance

Location : Southeastern Washington State... In the province of Bedland...

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...   Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:24 am

I really dig the idea of going into a performance knowing what we're gonna play... and to that end I do have a quick suggestion. I was thinking that one of the things I've noticed is that most people that play this suffer from the same problem I have at times in this game... what was I talking about... oh yeah! Focus issues, lol. Perhaps if we were to mix in some shorter songs from time to time we might get people to stand around a little longer. As much as I love the stuff you've done so far Anna some of it is kinda long. Plus there are a lot of ingrates out there that don't appreciate musical theater...

affraid some people, eh?

Another thing was maybe we could do like montages to certain bands... like a 5 song set from the Beatles, then a couple long songs, then some Metallica, then so on and so forth.

Anyways... looking forward to the next show!

Last edited by Bryciel Shimmerlance on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just had some more to add to it)
Back to top Go down
Saelraenah

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...   Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:35 am

I think it's awesome the way you've taken this thing and run with it Anna Smile

I think what would be really fun is to come up w/a name for the band, probably something w/Gollum's Bane in it ;0
Then, put together a set list, pick a place and time, and who isn't playing in the song can dance around like a bunch of sillies.
And before we start the concert we can announce it on the Regional Channel that a concert is about to begin or something.
Could be a way to recruit fun people as well.
Back to top Go down
Cristador

Cristador

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...   Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:24 pm

Anna, I really like the songs you've done so far. Playing with you guys as a band the other night was a hoot! Laughing

One song that I think would transpose well that is a lot of fun, and would probably break out into at least 3 fun parts (clarinet, horn, bass, and ?) is the song I'm a Soul Man by the Blues Brothers. It is available on the freemidi website mentioned on FatLute.

Is the movie theme version of (ala Johnny Depp) Pirates of the Carribean available?
Back to top Go down
Annalethiel
Admin
Annalethiel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...   Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:46 am

Ok I'm looking into doing that song... Smile
Back to top Go down
Annalethiel
Admin
Annalethiel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...   Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... EmptyWed May 05, 2010 11:18 am

Ok, so I get the fact that a good portion of people aren't fans for certain types of music, and I understand the crowd pleasing part, but I don't want to stop playing certain songs because other people don't like them. Or what I'm really saying is that I want to find a balance between the two since I want to keep this fun and not a chore. Right now I am looking for recognizable songs and transfering them over, and throwing in personal favorites every now and then.

(As a side note one of the major arrangers on thefatlute.com commented that they were happy that I had posted For I am a Pirate King, Yay me!)

As of right now I am working on a group of songs from the 50s because they seem to be pretty easy and upbeat. I also have some arrangements that I haven't posted yet because there haven't been enough people around to play them.
Back to top Go down
Bryciel Shimmerlance

Bryciel Shimmerlance

Location : Southeastern Washington State... In the province of Bedland...

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...   Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:59 pm

I wasn't trying to shoot down any of your songs Anna, I love them in fact. I am totally down with the idea of a bunch of 50s songs because a lot of them are songs I can recognize and were ones I was raised on. Do you think you could find much of anything from the 80s as well? BTW mondo congratulations on graduations from the schoolses, my precious... And that totally rocks you got a nod for the Pirate King song on Fatlute.

Anyway, I'm down with playing with you on the wall by West Gate soon!

Last edited by Bryciel Shimmerlance on Thu May 06, 2010 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grrrr I just LOVE having fat fingers... Don't twist that...)
Back to top Go down
Mithrelien

Mithrelien

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...   Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:18 pm

Here's my idea for a great song that always seems popular wherever you hear it. How about the theme song from Hogan's Hero's? I remember seeing a high school band play it impromptu at a graduation and everyone loved it.
Back to top Go down
Oubliette

Oubliette

PostSubject: A link, a request or two, and some ideas...   Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:33 pm

http://moviethemes.net/music/L/Last_Of_The_Mohicans__ver-2.mid has a pretty hot midi of the theme from The Last of the Mohicans. The drums at the beginning are kinda heavy I think, don't know if you can modulate that or not... But Bry would like to see it as like a 5 or 6 part, if possible, idk how that works. Also, Fat Lute has a totally sick version of Adiemus, posted with a video- I want us to play that one of these times!! It's for 6, with *3* horn parts, but it gives me the shivers!! And, I downloaded all your files from the forums here, Anna- YAY!! Smile So you know, when I download a song, I take all the versions, and I'm making myself a "cheat-sheet" document in Word that's got all my songs listed by title and parts and stuff, with notes, so I don't have to tab out so much. But I think Bry mentioned something about us having concerts where we have some people play songs in smaller groups, like 3 people play a song while 2 others set up a duet coming up next, that would keep it flowing quicker and give people time to set up their insturments if they had to switch out, then have a few HUGE numbers at the end, like 6 and 8 mans or something. I think we should get clear on who can play what, as well- like, if you don't have a mini, whoever you're playing the concert as, what insturments can they play, so we can set up assignments ahead of time. So my playlist would look like;

Dandelyon:
1) Pretty Woman (horn)
2) Adiemus (Horn 3)
3) *sitting out this song, switch to flute*
4) Chariots of Fire (flute)
etc...

and everyone could have their own personal playlists posted in advance on the forums here. I would be willing to do the work to set up the asignments, we just need to come up with a playlist, and have people willing to play on sunday night. I could even post the ABC files here, if people didn't want to search them, or somebody had to step in last minute to fill a spot... However- let me know, people! Razz
Back to top Go down
Cristador

Cristador

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...   Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Sounds fun, guys. I am definitely interested in helping and being part of the group. I do have a mini, and I am hoping to level her up enough that I can do some mentoring of other kinnie toons . . . so folks can play a wider variety of instruments.
From my standpoint, the flute offers some very nice sound in some of the Fat Lute songs, even better than the other instruments . . . so would be nice to mentor some folks in that (Cristador is hoping some wonderful mini will mentor him in that instrument . . . Gwen was willing to do that I think :^).
Question: are there ANY songs that sound good with a Moor Cowbell? LOL

Cristador
Back to top Go down
Cristador

Cristador

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...   Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:10 pm

P.S. Anna, have you been able to find the free.midi version of I'm a Soul Man (the Blues Brothers)? . . . I really do think it would be a fun song to transpose and do as a 3 or 4 person grp.

And, Mith, I think the theme from Hogan's Heroes would be a kick to do! Cool
Back to top Go down
Annalethiel
Admin
Annalethiel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...   Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:05 am

ok so I found some midi's for I am a Soul Man and (amazingly) the theme from Hogan's Heroes. Unfortunately I think I am a Soul man might be a bit hard. But we'll see...
Back to top Go down
Annalethiel
Admin
Annalethiel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...   Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:27 am

Oh and I listened to that Last of the Mohican's track and the rhythm is a bit off. I don't know if I can fix that. I love that song and I own it and I also did a dance to it so I can tell since it feels a bit off. It's the string parts actually... I'm going to see if there is another copy of that somewheres because I loves it.
Back to top Go down
Mithrelien

Mithrelien

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...   Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:24 pm

Thanks Anna for finding that song. I can' t wait to hear it! I like Oub's idea too. Hopefully, things will calm down for me soon and I can take the time learn the music system in addition to playing more with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...   Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests... Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts, possible set lists, and song requests...
Page 1 of 1