Gollum's Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gollum's Cave

Here is the new forum for our kinship. I know you all have a lot of great ideas for what to put in it, so post away!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Vile Maw

Go down 
+3
Oubliette
willingard
Annalethiel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Annalethiel
Admin
Annalethiel

The Vile Maw Empty
PostSubject: The Vile Maw   The Vile Maw EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:47 pm

So I know people really aren't using the forum too much yet, but I wanted to be the first to put in a request.

I am intersted in doing Vile Maw (VM) to get the tokens to finish off my Moria rad gear set. I haven't been able to find anyone who knows how to do it, but I know there are a couple of you that need to finish your sets too.

Here is one walkthrough that I have found on it: VM Walkthrough

As the walkthrough states the general recommended raid make up is: Hunter x2, Champion x2, Captain x2, Minstrel x2, Burglar, and Lore-master. This leaves the last couple of spots to user choice.

So I have also heard that people need to have all of the other rad gear pieces or any combination of pieces as long as it totals to at least 60+ radiance.

Let me know if you are interested regardless of whether or not you have all of the other rad gear pieces. We can run you through GS until you turn blue in the face to get you qualified to come.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://gollumsbane.webmmorpg.net
willingard

The Vile Maw Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vile Maw   The Vile Maw EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:45 pm

I would run VM to get the better rad gear. I'm already at 60, but it's b/c I settled for the lower level final two pieces.

I'd rather get some better rad gear though. I'm assuming this comes from Mirkwood? If I'm going to put my time into the runs, I'd rather get something that's going to last. Either way, I'm in.

Wed nights are always my best nights. Any other night of the week is just "bonus" play time for me--never reliable.
Back to top Go down
Annalethiel
Admin
Annalethiel

The Vile Maw Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vile Maw   The Vile Maw EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Well there is "better" rad gear... and it's just that, only the rad is better, the gross stats are worse than the Moria set. Basically if you can get the Moria Set, you've got a great base set.

Ok so one vote for Wed so far...
Back to top Go down
Oubliette

Oubliette

The Vile Maw Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vile Maw   The Vile Maw EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:57 pm

I'd be interested in running VM just to check it out, but as you all know if you read your in-game mails, I won't be back until wednesday. I'm not drooling too hard over any of the rad-gear, and anybody who knows me knows I'd rather grind mobs for titles or crafting mats than grind instances for gear, unless maybe it was really pretty gear, then maybe you could talk me into it. I've not been very quest/instance/epic chain oriented since the beginning, and now that I've discovered music I'm even less inclined to quest, but I do think I'd like to catch up to my husband over in Mirkwood maybe, and finish out some of the quests in my log, and if having rad gear will help me to do that then maybe I just need a fire lit under my butt, I don't know. I did have fun in 16th hall the other night tho, and even if we did TPW a few times, it was with friends and we went to learn together. So, if it's gonna be like that, then yeah, I'd be up for running Vile Maw.
Back to top Go down
Saelraenah

The Vile Maw Empty
PostSubject: eek!   The Vile Maw EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 3:59 am

I would love to try VM, I just don't think my dinosaur computer could handle it! Anna, check with Roaric, he probably is the most familiar with it out of anyone in our kin that I know of Wink
I'm always willing to try though, if the lag is insane, then I'll drop and you guys can pug another LM.
Sael
Back to top Go down
Cristador

Cristador

The Vile Maw Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vile Maw   The Vile Maw EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Yeah, I would love to run VM sometime . . . but from what I've heard, you need several hours at least to run the whole thing. And if we are going in there as noobs, we should expect to wipe a few times!
That said, though it is a tough raid, I would love to supplement my rad gear with some upgrades . . . and that can be the place! So I am game if we can get enough interest . . .
Also, it is a raid that requires a rad level of at least +50; more is better =:^)
Back to top Go down
Annalethiel
Admin
Annalethiel

The Vile Maw Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vile Maw   The Vile Maw EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:23 pm

So I've heard there are a few more people coming up on being able to do VM. (My Hubby included)) Can I get a head count again?
Back to top Go down
Erandruilian

Erandruilian

The Vile Maw Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vile Maw   The Vile Maw EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 6:42 pm

Wow this is an old thread... I have been farming VM for the last month or so, getting in as many runs as possible (4 runs a week max between my 2 level 65s due to the raid locks), both tanking it and hunting it, always looting on my hunter for the elusive (and epic) Treasury Stone pocket that drops in there. It's the hunter sister pocket to the slightly more well known Black Pearl melee pocket. Anyway...

VM is pretty easy if you know what you are doing. I am getting really close to knowing how to lead it and would love to lead a GB group in there, with probably a few friends to fill in some spots. Everyone would need a min 60 rad to get in, and we would plan to expect a few wipes to start. It's really not that hard but the Watcher does a huge aoe 2x in the first part of the instance. That's where people regularly die, but if you know when and where to move it is easy to avoid. Lag is a regular problem in VM, though i have found I can overcome it, most of the time, well enough to do the instance, even with my older Mac.

So if people are interested lets do it! I think I might be ready to lead by the first part of December, after Anna and I get settled in our new place in AR, or something like that.

Just an fyi we would need something like: tank, 2 hunters, 2 minis (or RK), a cappy or 2, a champ or 2, LM, and some more dps for the last spots. In-combat rez is a must for at least 2 toons to have. Maybe if you have interest in coming, send me a mail in game so I could take head count and see what interest is left, now that many of us have the Annuminas or Helegrod rad gear and don't need to loot the tokens for the Moria set. You *do* need a minimum of 60 rad to get in, and if anyone needs to run GS to get it just ask I would be glad to go!

Eran Smile
Back to top Go down
Valdingurth

The Vile Maw Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vile Maw   The Vile Maw EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:57 pm

I would love to get into a VM raid. Just let me know when.

Val
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Vile Maw Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vile Maw   The Vile Maw Empty

Back to top Go down

The Vile Maw
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gollum's Cave :: Requests for Specific Runs-
Jump to: